La Fin (twenty-eleven)

Two-thousand and eleven has been a monumental year for me, though it's hard to say it's been the biggest yet. My life, like many my age, has been in a transitional period since I was twenty years of age and every year has come with large changes and even larger lessons. Luckily, I'm a girl who not only loves change but chases after it. In lieu of twelve separate posts for the year, I've decided to just share some of my favorite memories. It was fun browsing over a year's worth of photographs and reminiscing but these are the few I pulled. I tried to use unseen photographs as to not repeat on the blog but my apologies if you've seen a few of these before.




[Successfully transitioned from a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet for more than a year now; the creative storm that arrived with the infamous "Snowmaggedon" storm, painting a concrete bench in a northside Chicago neighborhood festival with a good friend]



[The opportunity I had to visit many places I had never been before such as Seattle, Austin, Minneapolis, and Detroit, among others; camping all over the country in a sleeping bag under the stars; and all of the time spent in that big white bus]



[Spending the Thanksgiving holiday with my pops out west; solo trip to Seattle]



[The gigantic learning experience that was shooting North Coast Music Festival; the most relaxing and enjoyable point of the summer--a few days at a lake house in Wisconsin]

What a year. I can only pray that the next is filled with half as much laughter and lessons. It's crazy to look back at the girl I was just three-hundred and sixty-five days ago. She seems a million miles away. I'm grateful for that and it makes me very optimistic for what another three-hundred and sixty-five days could bring.

Two-thousand twelve is shaping up to be a rather large year as well. Already I have big plans for the blog that will be coming together over the next few weeks. I also have a few trips scheduled, including at least one in the spring that requires a passport. With the addition of some shelving my darkroom/studio will be complete, which is crazy, given a year ago I was sitting on the floor of my closet beneath dresses and skirts changing film.

And I've made a goal list for the year. I've never been the type of person to make a goal list before. What's more--I've even been able to cross something off of it already!

Blessings to you all, hope that your new year is starting off tremendously. :)


[side note: I would have loved to add a Christmastime photograph to this collection but I ended up being too busy to take any! This Christmas was wonderful, one of the best in memory, but alas, no photographic evidence exists.]

No comments:

Post a Comment