For My Parents



To a mother who, by example, always taught me to be self-reliant and strong, to have courage but be aware, and to help those less fortunate. And that in most cases, at a concert, it is totally appropriate to use the men's room when the women's line wraps around the building, so long as you move quickly, keep your head down, and never touch anything. Happy birthday, Mom!



To a father who instilled a strong sense of independence, consistently encourages any dream I've ever had, and has always been honest with me. And who gave me my first (and second and third and fourth...) camera and would always get me to a one hour photo store as soon as I finished a roll of film when I was a kid. Happy birthday, Dad!



My wonderful and wonderfully strange parents.

Thank you both for being exactly who you are and only ever expecting the same from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment